I am currently in nursing school and I can gladly say that I have my first semester of school under my belt. I am living in Omaha attending the College of Saint Mary. I absolutely love my school. I love all the people that I attend school with and enjoy all of my teachers. I had an extremely busy first semester being able to actually start clinicals right away. I saw things I never imagined I would see, and learned even that much more. I was actually able to get a feel of what a true nurse is. At the end of the semester I was able to fully insert an IV on a patient, and yet to think I was nervous to give my first shot. Being in nursing school has made me realize quite a few things....you can't take life for granted...and being sick is a part of life. I loved being able to work with my patients one on one and I even managed to get a few kisses on the hand from a couple of elder patients. The older people get the bigger their hearts are no matter how sick they have become. It's with all of this awesome stuff I was able to endeavor throughout my first semester of nursing school that has made me realize that I LOVE what I am going into. I wouldn't change one thing about it.To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Nursing School
I am currently in nursing school and I can gladly say that I have my first semester of school under my belt. I am living in Omaha attending the College of Saint Mary. I absolutely love my school. I love all the people that I attend school with and enjoy all of my teachers. I had an extremely busy first semester being able to actually start clinicals right away. I saw things I never imagined I would see, and learned even that much more. I was actually able to get a feel of what a true nurse is. At the end of the semester I was able to fully insert an IV on a patient, and yet to think I was nervous to give my first shot. Being in nursing school has made me realize quite a few things....you can't take life for granted...and being sick is a part of life. I loved being able to work with my patients one on one and I even managed to get a few kisses on the hand from a couple of elder patients. The older people get the bigger their hearts are no matter how sick they have become. It's with all of this awesome stuff I was able to endeavor throughout my first semester of nursing school that has made me realize that I LOVE what I am going into. I wouldn't change one thing about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment